Description of the academic title
Head of the academic title (Coordinator)
- Name: Carmen Sieiro Vázquez
- Tax identification number: 36068451N
- Professional category: University Professor
- Number of theses addressed: 5
- Sexennium: 4
- Award date of the last sexennium: 2011
- Name of the University: University of Vigo
- Tax identification number: Q-8.650.002-B
- Center responsible for the academic title: Faculty of Biology
Basic information about the academic title
- Denomination of the PhD program: Advanced Biotechnology
- Indicate whether the program is integrated into a Doctoral School or not: The program will be integrated into the International Doctoral Schools of the Universities of Vigo and A Coruña.
- ISCED Code (include 1 mandatory, maximum 2): Life Sciences (ISC 42)
- Joint title (Yes / No): YES
- Coordinating University: University of Vigo
- Center in which is taught at the Coordinating University: Faculty of Biology
- University 2: University of A Coruña
- Center in which is taught in the University 2: Faculty of Sciences
Information associated with the center (indicate this information for each of the centers)
- Number of new places offered in the first course of implementation: Taking into account the number of research groups that support the program and the average of doctoral theses directed by their members in the last 5 years (11,4) In other doctoral programs, 10 places will be offered in the first course: 5 in the UVIGO and 5 in the UDC.
- Number of new places offered in the second course of implementation: 5 (2-3 in the UVIGO and 2-3 in the UDC)
- Languages used in the learning process: Spanish, Galician, English
- Rules (indicate the link):
List of basic skills that students must acquire during their studies (established by RD 861/2010)
- Basic Skill 1 (CB1): Systematic understanding within the field of Biotechnology and mastery of research skills and methods related to it
- Basic Skill 2 (CB2): Ability to conceive, design or create, implement and adopt a substantial research or creation process related to Biotechnology
- Basic Skill 3 (CB3): Ability to contribute to the expansion of knowledge frontiers through original research in Biotechnology
- Basic Skill 4 (CB4): Ability to perform a critical analysis and evaluation and synthesis of new and complex ideas in the field of Biotechnology
- Basic Skill 5 (CB5): Ability to communicate with the academic and scientific community and with society in general about their fields of knowledge in the modes and languages commonly used in their international scientific community.
- Basic Skill 6 (CB6): Ability to promote, in academic and professional contexts, the scientific, technological, social, artistic or cultural advancement within a society based on knowledge.
An annual, minimum seminar of 10h, organized by the PhD / University program.
Participation in at least one congress, preferably during the second or third course.
|Article / scientific book chapter3||
An article / chapter of a book, minimum, preferably written during the second or third course.
|Stays in research centers4||
Performing stays in foreign research centers, preferably at least three months.